Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

B & H photo and video, honest?

Started by ReeferBen ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

B & H photo and video, honest?

16 posts
  1. B & H photo and video, honest?

    Have you ordered form them? ANy problems?

     

    I have had some issues and hope it's all resolved tomorrow but am freaking worried now that my card has been charged but no order was shipped.

     

     

    Have you ordered from them? Any problems?

     

    TIA

  2. I have spent frightening amounts with them over the years, and have never had a problem. Every now and again people report delays that seem to be due to a need for additional verification of credit card details, particularly shipping vs billing addresses. I've spoken to them a couple of times, and they have the typical NYC brusqueness, but have always been helpful.

  3. i don't think you have to worry about b&h .. it's like a photographers santa factory .. seriously .. you go and pick what you want (when in the store, pay for it .. and as you walk out the door you pick up your shopping bag with all the products in.

     

    I went on a regular day in the middle of march .. and it was packed .. this shop i have heard is never slow. I order a package just recently the only problem i had was i forgot to fax my credit card imprint to them ... i still find that an odd thing to have to do but once they have that it onlytakes a short while if the stuff is in stock.

  4. no worries with B & H..... :D:):D:)

     

    Karl

  5. I wouldn't worry if I were you. They're the only one I trust 100%. Like Craig, I've contributed obscene amounts of money to their bottom line over the years and never a problem. If you want to chit-chat with the sales person, forget about it. They're there to take your order and that's it but you will get exactly what you ordered promptly and at a fair price.

  6. B+H Photo is very good service online. Shipping is spot on...Although I had a delay with one or two orders, generally they are very quick. Normally shipped next day. I tend now to select a courier service rather than USPS.

     

    Cheerz

    Tank

  7. Thanks I am feeling better now. I will call them tomorrow and see if I don't get transferred in endess circles, from verification to digital photo to who knows where.

     

    Thanks!

  8. FWIW, I wasnt overcharged and got the products I ordered, on-time. Dealing with them in person (over the phone) was a real pain in the butt though. I wouldn't shop there again b/c of this.

     

    Has anyone ever had to return a product to them? How did that work out?

  9. Ben,

     

    I have been buying from B&H for years and have alway gotten really good service from them. They are the best of the bunch.

     

    I have returned one item to them. My fault, I ordered the wrong synch cord. I called them up and got an RMA number and was able to send it back to them the same day and had the right synch cord two days later.

     

    Overall their service is quite good. They are New Yorkers and some people find them rude on the phone, I prefer to call it efficient. They are quite busy and so they need to be as efficient as possible with their callers. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them and recommend them whole heartedly.

     

    As someone who builds web applications and have built a lot of e-commerce sites I also have to say that their online store is about the best in the business.

     

    Regards,

    Craig

  10. I bought few times from them and I'm very satisfied from the service.

    I prefer to work with their online live-person chat, last time I order that way and got very good and patient service, it’s comfortable because at the end of the session you can save and print all the session with the order numbers.

    BTW, the salesman in the store that specifies in u/w photography is very nice and I got some interesting stories from him about diving in the 60s.

  11. Another thumbs up from me. While they may not always have the absolute lowest price, their price is always more than competitive. They don't overcharge for shipping and handling and they ship right away. If you order online, you get tracking information automatically. I order camera bodies and lenses from them whenever practical. Having said this, I normally order my underwater-specific stuff from Ryan at what used to be Underwater Camera Pros, now called Reef Photo Video.

  12. I have had many positive experiences with B & H over the years. No worries mate!

     

    Many other NY stores have come and gone (or changed names) but theses guys are solid. Any issues or questions were always resolved to my complete satisfaction.

     

    Sieg

  13. I never buy from them but many people in Croatia did buy and their reactions was always positive, about everything. So i think you can't have problems...

  14. Ditto here, I have spent a ton of money with them over the last year and have not had any problems. Their shipping charges are very reasonable and they ship right away, as long as the product is in stock of course. When I bought a big white lens from them earlier this year, it was held up for CC verification, but I did not mind.

     

    Keith

  15. No problems here either. I'd give them an A+.

     

    Only returned one item. The return and subsequent credit was handled promptly without any problem. A couple people on the dpreview board were using a specific teleconverter on a Sigma lens with good results. I purchased this teleconverter, but it didn't fit correctly onto the lens. It was too tight a fit. I didn't want to force it. B&H took the converter back without hassle.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.