Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Taveuni Fiji

Started by dive time ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Taveuni Fiji

5 posts
  1. I have made several trips to Fiji over the years, selecting different locations each time.  My original trip was to Taveuni in the 90's, and I am thinking of returning there again for my next Fiji trip.  In the 90's, I stayed at the Garden Island Resort.  I am looking at Paradise Taveuni for this trip.  Has anyone been there recently?  Thoughts, suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.  My time frame is somewhat flexible.  Thank you.

  2. I went with friends spring of 2022 and it was wonderful!  Alan and Terri (owners) plus all the Fijian staff (friend by end of trip) make it an incredible location.

    David Haas

    IMG_8086.jpeg.bffa1e090a8136a4656fccd1b30e4148.jpegIMG_8108.jpeg.02f4c0f4efeb466ebbbfea2c655e3753.jpegIMG_8170.jpeg.d6208bd2f10a0ce238d43840f5b186fe.jpegIMG_8231.jpeg.c9af42d8d1281ffa9613eb714c24c8d7.jpegIMG_8246.jpeg.414842b64d8080b0ed9c27847ba42844.jpegIMG_8486.jpeg.0a13e43bdc3100e19ad2fd79bd693b6b.jpegIMG_8497.jpeg.b187497219ff25a31351d2dd557c62a2.jpegIMG_8518.jpeg.92b5a61bf87fa3d06e4d2660bc1a2d5a.jpegIMG_8653.jpeg.14db83d8b9474a2913ddee1d2b4210cf.jpegIMG_8665.jpeg.4f1aa14a47b0d3f71a5c1cab630ac3c2.jpegIMG_8714.jpeg.9d659fe9cd0038d6a004500efe2d87f5.jpegIMG_8796.jpeg.3dd56dba5c01b8f5256678757402fa09.jpegIMG_8189.jpeg.9bd66dadccd55356e12734b3dfe49112.jpegIMG_8839.jpeg.24cbbfd4c93734a9261785360fa51030.jpeg

    IMG_8182.jpeg

  3. Thank you David.  Great pics.  They are bringing back some memories.  I recall having issues with the airlines as far as the size and weight of my cary on bag with my camera gear.  Did you have issues or did you check you camera gear in a second bag?  Thank you.  Edward

  4. I travelled to Taveuni in December 2021 and stayed in Maravul lodge, it was a very rundown place and some of lights did not work, the windows wouldn't shut so the aircon didn't make much of a difference because the windows didn't shut. There was no power from 9AM to 6PM, towels and pillows were absolutely terrible. Not recommended at all.

    The small plane from Nadi to Taveuni was ok and I had a small suitcase and it wasn't an issue, I had a Sony A7 III with the housing and two Inon flashes.

  5. I went to paradise taveuni with my wife in september 2022. it was perfect. very nice setup, good diving, great staff, great locally sourced food.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.