Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Epson R800 Printer, Opinions?

Started by bdickson ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Epson R800 Printer, Opinions?

5 posts
  1. Epson R800 Printer, Opinions?

    My trusty old HP Photosmart P1000 is showing signs of age, and I'm in the market for a new printer. Does anyone have an opinion on the Epson R800? Or any other photo quality printer in the up to $400 price range?

  2. I have an R800. When I make prints for people on it they rave about the quality. Certainly the best consumer level ink jet printer I've ever seen.

  3. I agree, the R800 performs very well for a modestly priced photo printer. I just happened to come across it at buydig.com for $369

     

    Plus you can get a $100 rebate if you also happen to be in the market for a Nikon digital camera over 4MP.

     

    Cheers,

    Sieg

  4. Consumer inkjet printers

    About 9 months ago I bought a Canon i960 printer. It replaced my Epson Photo EX. You may want to look at Canon. I think my i960 was about $180. The large format Canon (i9000 or something) was about $400. My Canon is very fast, VERY quiet, and has 6 ink tanks. Truth be told I bought the Epson 2200 for myself this Xmas, but my experiences with the Canon are very happy. One drawback for sure is Epson prints last longer..

  5. I was also looking at the R800 and the cheaper R200.

     

    Has anyone had any experience with the R200 ?

     

    I tend to send anything I want large off to the lab for printing so will tend to use it for 6x4 and 7x5. Just wondering if the R800 was worth the extra

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.