Looking for some help on adding a Macro lens to my current setup, but trying to minimize the amount of new ports/adapters I need to buy and carry with me.
Currently shooting an A6100 in a Nauticam A6400 housing (Cameras are outwardly identical) with the following Lens/port combos:
- Tokina 10-17/Sigma MC-11 (Nauticam 36207 N85-N120 50mm port adapter, Zen mini dome)
- Sony 16-50mm (Nauticam 36228 40mm macro port with knob)
- I use a +7 diopter on a flip adapter with the Sony lens.
I am considering the Zeiss Touit 50mm, Sony 90mm, or Canon EF-S 60mm.
-Zeiss 50mm
Per the port charts, The Zeiss lens requires a 30mm N85 extension ring, and the 45mm macro port. (overall length 75mm). I am wondering if I can sub 2x17mm extension rings stacked, with my current 40mm macro port, giving me 74mm. I'm not sure how tight the Zeiss lens is against the port glass, and if I would have 1mm of clearance.
The other option is to get rid of the 40mm port for the 16-50, and use the 45mm port for both, but I'm not sure what that does for the 16-50 in terms of vignetting, use of a diopter, etc.)
- Sony 90mm
I also can go 90mm, but that requires a N120 extension ring and another N120 port which will be a packing challenge.
- Canon 60mm
This port is just very expensive, and from what I can see, the EF-S lens doesn't fit the MC-11 unless modified. Also another port to pack.
Anyone shooting one of these lenses want to chime in?