Please help. Need identification
I know this one is pretty well known but I cant find the name ![]()

Read-only discussion
I know this one is pretty well known but I cant find the name ![]()

WOW! That looks like a large juvenile pinnate spadefish. you can start to see a white band behind the pectoral fin...
Great shot! Where did you find this fellow?
M.
Thx ![]()
the shot was made at Lembeh Strait, North Sulawesi, Indonesia. Great place for macro.
It is Platax pinnatus.
I've always heard the common name as a batfish - the one that is gorgeous as a juvenile!
http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSum...esname=pinnatus
Love them!
Don
Ooo.... also know it as a juvenile batfish! If you look at the back of the Asia pacefic reef guide book by IKAN... sorry cant recall the author right now... its there!
Fantastic find... we also found one hiding away in a cave in Manado - North Suluwesi. ![]()
Loved Lembeh... and if your a fanaticla "muck" diver... then its definitely the right playground to be in!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.