Video Light power and angle of light for MACRO videos
Started by diggy ·
5Posts
5Replies
Read-only discussion
Video Light power and angle of light for MACRO videos
5 posts
I have a few lights, namely the Sola 1200 with spot, Sola 2000 video and Fix Neo 2500 DX along with the snood attachment.
I also have two V6 pro Scubalamp 12K lumen video lights.
I am quite sure that the 12K lumens are not an option at all even at lower powers as the angle of spread is very wide.
What amongst the above would be best?
Thanks in advance for looking and any advice shared.
Diggy
Surely the Sola 1200 with spot beam and maybe the Sola 2000 (assuming it's the model with flood/spot beam).
I have a couple of old Divepro 1000 Lumen that are ok only if using their optional rudimentary snoot, otherwise they have a wide beam completely useless. Actually my preferred macro light are two old RGBlue System 01 with a condensing lens applied. I like the soft light and the 60° beam is perfect for me.
16 hours ago, Davide DB said:
Surely the Sola 1200 with spot beam and maybe the Sola 2000 (assuming it's the model with flood/spot beam).
I have a couple of old Divepro 1000 Lumen that are ok only if using their optional rudimentary snoot, otherwise they have a wide beam completely useless. Actually my preferred macro light are two old RGBlue System 01 with a condensing lens applied. I like the soft light and the 60° beam is perfect for me.
Thanks David,
This is very helpful.
Diggy
100% Sola 1200 with spot it is the whole reason why I keep them
At short range for macro you dont need wide lights nor lots of lumens
The light density with the reduced angle of view is sufficient to fry your tiny subjects
Thanks a ton,
Traveling to Bali from tomorrow. Let me see how this works.