Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Strobe Sweet Spot for EMWL

Started by diverguy33 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Strobe Sweet Spot for EMWL

3 posts
  1. I just started shooting the EMWL (130 deg) with a Nikon D850.  So much fun, but I have 2 Inon Z330 strobes and wondered if there is a "sweet spot" for them to avoid backscatter especially when you have the lens up really close to a subject and there is water in the background.  

  2. When using the EMWL for Wide Angle Macro I position the flashes as close to the lens barrel as possible, and have them on very low power (because they are so close). i have some nice video of me shooting it, which I'll try and share when I get home.

    Remembered I had this photo (thanks Nir):

    Alex

    Screenshot 2023-04-09 at 08.58.08.png

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  3. Thanks for the insight. I had a particularly bad day recently when there was a lot of sargassum in the water.   Some days too I notice stuff getting between the individual pieces causing blackish spots.  I'm looking into some rubber bands to prevent that.  

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.