Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony 28-60 + WWL-1 / WACP- C Vignette

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony 28-60 + WWL-1 / WACP- C Vignette

2 posts
  1. The 28-60 has distortion correction set to on and can't be switched off in camera

    However you can turn that off in lightroom and the lens shows vignette afterwards

    This is hood vignette

    When I use the WACP-C at distance closer than the recommended extension i get vignette on the rear lens not the hood

    I believe the flat port 45 is 3mm too long and as result you have this problem

     

    Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21.40.41.png

    Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21.40.49.png

    Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 21.50.37.png

  2. Looking to the amount of distortion the lens has by itself I think the lens field of view uncorrected is in effect wider than what a 28mm lens would have

    the reason why I disable lens correction for distortion is because it improves the edge performance when used on a curved adapter. As the image is not straight anyway it makes sense to do so

    Obviously a small lens like this has many compromises baked in distortion and vignetting are very strong so it is assumed you use the lens correction but I only really use chromatic aberration correction that can't be switched off

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.