Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Inon E330 setting questions

Started by diver dave1 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon E330 setting questions

3 posts
  1. I have not been diving or photo shooting for 3 yrs but about to get back in.  I did 2 non-photo refresher dives recently and about to start taking photos again underwater.

    I have Inon E330 strobes with a Nikon D7000 in a Nauticam housing.  I am not positive where to set the pop-up buttons on the strobes.  I will shoot TTL or STTL when shooting macro.  I will shoot in manual for wide angle.   I will use pre-flash on the camera.

    When these strobes first came out, I learned the settings from Wetpixel but cannot find them again now.  The user manual is not user friendly, as you know if you have these.

    I will be using optical connections to link the camera to the strobes. 

    Can you help me out with information?  I should have asked sooner but start shooting MONDAY!

  2. I think you mean the Inon Z330. Adam Hanlon once sent me these very clear instructions. I think they are camera brand independent.

    For TTL:

    Advanced Cancel Circuit button in its "Off" position (i.e. Up).

    Main switch set to STTL or STTL low

    Ev Control switch in position "B". If this is not exposing correctly, you can use position "A" or "C" to lighten or darken the image respectively.

    For Manual:

    Advanced Cancel Circuit button in its "On" position (i.e. In).

    Main switch set to "M" or Full. 

    Exposure control from -0.5 to 16 via EV Control Switch. If in Full mode, the EV control switch does not affect the output.

     

  3. You are correct, Z330.

    Thanks for the information and quick response.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.