Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Moving to Photoshop - new version/release?

Started by SeaDogDiver ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Moving to Photoshop - new version/release?

6 posts
  1. Moving to Photoshop - new version/release?

    I'm contemplation making the move from Paint Shop Pro to Photoshop CS.

     

    With all the PS expertise on this forum, can anyone tell me if there is a new release or version scheduled in the near future before I lay down the big bucks on the current one?

     

    Also, I know that there is a bit of a learning curve, any suggestions or references on how to get started with PS.

     

    Cheers,

    Sieg

  2. 1. A new release is rumored but I don't know details.

     

    2. PS Elements 3.0 is a great alternative if all you intend to do is work on photos. And it has great RAW support ... all that I use in Photoshop CS is available in Elements 3.0.

     

    3. As to easing into PS, assuming RAW, here is what I do. I process the RAW file in CS, elements would work just as well, then save as a TIFF and finish with Paint Shop Pro. This way you only need to learn PS RAW processing, which is easy, and then do the rest with what you know.

     

    Spelling

  3. I don't profess to have any major insight into this question, but it does seem a little odd to me that a new release of PS would be rumoured given that CS is still only very new and the lag time between PS7 and PSCS (PS8) was several years. I can imagine a new version of Adobe Camera Raw being released (in fact every time a new camera is released from the major manufacturers there seems to be a new iteration). But given that this is a free download, I'm not sure you would care.

    Jump in. CS is a great piece of sofware and you will notice many improvements I'm sure.

  4. I'm hearing rumblings about CS v 1.3 in the March timeframe??

  5. I'm hearing rumblings about CS v 1.3 in the March timeframe??

     

    Rumblings from where, dpreview?? and where did you get that version number of 1.3? the current version of PSCS is 8.0.

     

    I tend to agree with anthp, it will be a couple of years before you see a major update to PSCS, the current version is barely a year old.

  6. Sorry to get you so excited Marty. I was only looking for information from the great people on this forum before I made the decision to purchase CS for myself.

     

    To answer your question(s), I was told this by an Adobe reseller, but have just determined that they mis-spoke. The upcoming v1.3 is real but actually refers to the Adobe Creative Suite which includes CS (not CS itself).

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.