Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

AF Illuminator/ visible light sensor on Sony A7R5 UW?

Started by Architeuthis ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

AF Illuminator/ visible light sensor on Sony A7R5 UW?

4 posts
  1. On my Nauticam housing for Sony A7R5, I find a light transmissive window that I did not encounter so far on my previous housings ("13: AF Illuminator / Visible light sensor"):

    871614711_17433NA-A7RVProductManual.thumb.jpg.a7c085c4b959d03d10c52b57f8dcdfcc.jpg

     

    Does somebody know whether and how this new feature is useful for UW-photography (AF illumination (usually I switch this off)? or light sensor for WB?)?

     

    Thanks, Wolfgang

    image.png

    image.png

    image.png

    Edited by Architeuthis
  2. I wondered the same when I saw this on my A1

    Any time you use a flat port longer than 45mm the AF beam hits the port so this is useless and better set the camera to disable it

    No idea why Nauticam spent the time and energy for this feature in the housing

  3. I asked st Nauticam US. Phil Burghard responded that "I believe that same light illuminates red when recording so it gets used a tally light". He will test it out when they have their camera back, that is out of office, at present...

     

    Wolfgang

  4. 1 hour ago, Architeuthis said:

    I asked st Nauticam US. Phil Burghard responded that "I believe that same light illuminates red when recording so it gets used a tally light". He will test it out when they have their camera back, that is out of office, at present...

     

    Wolfgang

    I do not need this feature as the LCD and EVF itself have a nice red circle when the camera records a video 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.