Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Inon 330 light stays on

Started by hiloboy ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Inon 330 light stays on

7 posts
  1. On my Inon 330, when I turn off the strobe, the red "ready" light remains on.  The only way I could get it to go off was to unscrew the cap.  Any ideas why this is happening?  This strobe has never given me problems and never flooded.  Thanks!

  2. I just tested it and the stroke seems to function fine in terms of manual power settings.

  3. The Inon On-Off knob has a thru-the-case shaft that turns an inside switch mounted on the electronic board. Opening the case is the only way to get at the switch, but this risks damaging the board and many soldered wire joints. It is definitely Not do-it-yourself, it is an expert or factory job.  Best ask your Inon dealer (Backscatter, Reef Photo...), or Inon in Japan, how to get this strobe repaired.

    Please let us know how this works out.

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  4. I had this issue about a year ago with with one of my 330's. A second one is on the path to the same issue. I sent it to my purchasing dealer (Reef Photo) and they sent it to Inon for a full service. I think $350usd. For this price they replace the electronics and flash tubes. You basically get a brand new strobe with your old scratched up case. Got it back after about 4-6 weeks.

     

    At the same time I bought a new 330 and have put the remaining older unserviced strobe in to backup rotation.

  5.  As the Inon 330-1 strobe is some 6+ years old (ca. 2017), and new strobes are real expensive, getting a factory rebuild, in essence a new Type 2 strobe for about $350 is a bargain.

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  6. I have to report, that I had a similar problem recently: Upon turning "on" one of our four Z330s, it did not turn on (no red light). I then gently knocked against the strobe with one of my knuckles and it turned finally on...

    So far so good, but how long will it take until it stops working....:(

     

    Wolfgang

  7. It sounds like the internal On-Off switch is becoming loose from the circuit board it is mounted on.
    Time to send this problem strobe to be repaired before it quits (during a trip), or before Inon stops repairing this model.

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.