Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

WACP-1 with Sony 28-60mm Lack of Sharpness

Started by theocean ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

WACP-1 with Sony 28-60mm Lack of Sharpness

6 posts
  1. Greetings,

     

    Has anyone experienced lack of sharpness with the WACP-1 and Sony 28-60mm combination? I happen to need a decent amount of light (strobes) to get detail in the images. If I’m shooting with natural light, it’s a lost cause. I’m not sure what is causing it, have even thought about sending the WACP to be tested somewhere. I really appreciate any help.

     

    Thanks!

     

     

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Example images would be great to understand more

  3. On my last trip one photographer was struggling to get edge to edge sharpness with the WACP, and it turned out it was the camera lens that had a misaligned element, causing a blurry area in the pictures, which moved as the lens focused.

    Alex

     

    [EDIT] I was just edited WACP-1 + 28-60mm shots from last week this morning. Here is one taken at 30mm of a emperor feeding on the reef. 

    PH23_am-12520.thumb.jpg.fa49dee423de249624a30167b438c23f.jpg 

    and crop of eye to show sharpness (these are compressed on upload to Wetpixel - but you can see they are sharp):

    eye.jpg.1f19607441b537baade0baea53e13943.jpg

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  4. we had the same problem with the 28-60 but in the macro range
    2 identical cameras and attachment lenses (cmc and weefine)
    Identical camera settings, but some of the images looked fuzzy 
    and blurry, not in focus or no focus point was recognizable. 
    It turned out that a 28-60 was defective
    Edited by sorgiew
  5. This seems to suggest that you should conduct testing of the 28-60 on land at similar settings - try it at various distances and the same f-stop  to see if it is sharp on land. 

  6. If the op has not tested the lens topside I would be amazed

     

    Any time I get a new lens I check for decentering and run comparative shots on a tripod to other lenses I have before investing in underwater housing gears etc

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.