Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

The Rock Of Life - Colorful Cold-Water Diving

Started by scubabc ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

The Rock Of Life - Colorful Cold-Water Diving

10 posts
  1. Rock of life is a dive site located in Browning Passage near Port Hardy, on the northern tip of Vancouver Island.  The dive starts out in a beautiful kelp forest and the landscape slowly transitions into a sheer wall that cascades down into the depths below.  As the name would suggest, this site is teeming with colorful life.  Enjoy 2 minutes of footage from Rock Of Life.
     

     

  2. Nice!

     

  3. Very nice!!

     

  4. Well done, beautiful. 

  5. Amazing! I really hope I get the opportunity to dive Port Hardy sometime soon! Have only been diving on the main land.
    What time of year was this? @scubabc

  6. 1 hour ago, justinchan said:

    Amazing! I really hope I get the opportunity to dive Port Hardy sometime soon! Have only been diving on the main land.
    What time of year was this? @scubabc

    Hey Justin, yes, it's pretty fantastic diving.  This footage was taken about 4 weeks ago at the beginning of May 2023.

  7. Wow, I would love to see that someday.  Thanks for sharing

  8. Wow, amazing!

    Thanks for sharing

  9. Such a great place... And nice video.

    I really wish they'd do something about all the crap growing on the rocks out there though. ;-)

  10. Looks amazing. Surprising how similar it looks to UK diving at its best. Though we rarely get visibility like that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.