Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Tamron 17-28mm and Sony A1

Started by Interceptor121 ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Tamron 17-28mm and Sony A1

9 posts
  1. Impressed with this lens

    You can shoot f/5.6 and it is still holding up. F/4 is too much. F/8 sweet spot for most cases

    Full frame does not seem to mean shooting at f/16 if you have the right lens

  2. Thanks for sharing this... what dome port did you use? 

  3. Thanks for sharing this... what dome port did you use? 

    As per video description 180mm wide angle port


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Thanks (I watched the video with the sound off....) 

    By any chance have you had a chance to dive with the Tamron 17-28mm and the 180mm port in open water? I'm specifically interested in its ability to handle sunbursts/sunballs - as in, how good/bad is the flare and ghosting with this set up? 

  5. 8 minutes ago, Champers said:

    Thanks (I watched the video with the sound off....) 

    By any chance have you had a chance to dive with the Tamron 17-28mm and the 180mm port in open water? I'm specifically interested in its ability to handle sunbursts/sunballs - as in, how good/bad is the flare and ghosting with this set up? 

    yes two videos in Malpelo have this lens on

    https://www.youtube.com/interceptor121

     

  6. Great videos, I really enjoyed watching them... Looks like you were diving deeper than in the shallows(!?) so I guess you wouldn't have experienced ghosting/flare at those depths...!?

     

  7. Great videos, I really enjoyed watching them... Looks like you were diving deeper than in the shallows(!?) so I guess you wouldn't have experienced ghosting/flare at those depths...!?
     

    There are some shots with the surface
    This lens generally doesn’t flare has very small ghosting that only occurs topside with the sunball in the frame
    Underwater I don’t see how this will ever be a problem
    Besides I don’t get this issue with any of my lenses or domes
    i have seen examples with the wacp-c but I have never experienced an issue myself


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Thanks for the info... I'm looking to take more pics incorporating sunballs/sunbursts and I just want to make sure that before I splash out a huge sum on ports, extensions, and gears, that I'm not going to get a whole load of flare/ghosting...

  9. 41 minutes ago, Champers said:

    Thanks for the info... I'm looking to take more pics incorporating sunballs/sunbursts and I just want to make sure that before I splash out a huge sum on ports, extensions, and gears, that I'm not going to get a whole load of flare/ghosting...

    This is the video forum so does not really cover the idea of sunburst shots which I would normally take with a fisheye or distorted optic not rectilinear

    I do not anticipate this lens to have issues but that is not my intended use either

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.