Hey guys, I'm new to wetpixel and I'm curious what your thoughts are on PP. I primarily shoot stills and video has always been a bit of an after thought but would like shoot more. I have a trip coming up to Indonesia and I'm debating what PP makes the most sense. From what I understand, SLOG3 provides the most flexibility but also requires the most amount of work and has the greatest margin of error given the need to over expose. It also seems like people have gotten mixed results from HLG and I haven't heard much about cinetone. I'm technically savvy and color grading doesn't scare me but I just want to get the best results. I'll be shooting a Sony Alpha 1/WACP2 for wide angle and a Sony A7R4 90mm for macro. Unfortunately the later doesn't support cinetone, so that also factors into the decision. Looking forward to hearing what you think!
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
SLOG3 vs HLG vs Cinetone Sony
2 posts
-
-
I have been researching this myself and from a few videos that I have watched and specifically this one it seems that S-Log 3 is the way to go and much easier if you simply the specific LUT for it in PP compared to more work with S-Cinetone? That is what I understood from it anyways.