Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Scubalamp D-pro

Started by Sokrates ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Scubalamp D-pro

11 posts
  1. I have to say, im tempted by this strobes li-ion batteries and fast recycle. And price.

    Does anyone have more longterm use experiences? And real life comparison to Retra/Inon.

    They have been out for a while but cant seem to find too many articles about them.

  2. Yes and this is basically the only thing you can find online.

  3. I have recently purchased it (upgraded from s&s ys-01) and I'm in love with it!

    strong strobe, long battery life (I talked with another owner of this and he told me he only charged it once in a 1 week diving trip), the snoot it has is one of the best and easiest to use.

    the Jayakar's seahorse images were taken with the snoot (power 2 out of 9), sony a6300 + sony 50mm.

     the octopus was taken with the diffuser (power 3 out of 9), sony a6300 + sigma 16mm.

     

    on the down size- it's heavy, very heavy.

    DSC04273-12.JPG

    DSC04281-16.JPG

    DSC07801-12.JPG

  4. 22 hours ago, sarthur1 said:

    I have recently purchased it (upgraded from s&s ys-01) and I'm in love with it!

    strong strobe, long battery life (I talked with another owner of this and he told me he only charged it once in a 1 week diving trip), the snoot it has is one of the best and easiest to use.

    the Jayakar's seahorse images were taken with the snoot (power 2 out of 9), sony a6300 + sony 50mm.

     the octopus was taken with the diffuser (power 3 out of 9), sony a6300 + sigma 16mm.

     

    on the down size- it's heavy, very heavy.

     

     

     

    Ah yes, just noticed the weight on website is without battery pack, which adds (im guessing) 300-400 grams.

    That makes them almost half a kilo/one pound more heavy than Retra/Inon/ect.

    They look to be close to neutral in the water still.

  5. On 6/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, Sokrates said:

    They look to be close to neutral in the water still.

    Pretty much, even with the snoot, it still almost neutral

  6. On 6/28/2023 at 9:45 PM, sarthur1 said:

    Pretty much, even with the snoot, it still almost neutral

    Hello,

    Which snoot can be used with ys-01?

    Thanks

  7. On 7/12/2023 at 9:24 AM, maviyedogru said:

    Hello,

    Which snoot can be used with ys-01?

    Thanks

    Pretty much none that is worth using. I decided to buy an MF-2 as a third strobe and can recommend it. 
     

  8. On 7/12/2023 at 10:24 AM, maviyedogru said:

    Hello,

    Which snoot can be used with ys-01?

    Thanks

    there is this one: https://www.uwcamerastore.com/flip-snoot-pro-for-sea-sea-ys-01-ys-03-solis

    but I didn't really liked it, because of the weak focus light of the ys-01 it's a bit hard to hit spot you want, you have 2 beam size for which you need to screw off/on some parts, and it's not really comfortable placing it with the optic cable.

  9. It would seem obvious that an underwater strobe should be triggered by a fiber optic cable,  have a built-in focus light, and use readily available commecial batteries (not custom batteries).  But some expensive and reputable strobes use electric cables and special batteries, plus they are outrageously priced. 
    The no longer available Inon strobes were excellent and I sure hope Inon markets new strobes very soon.  

  10. I think there are arguments in favour of custom batteries (more power mostly) but apart from that you are absolutely right. Can’t imagine Inon withdrawing such a successful product without replacement, so here’s to hoping. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.