Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

using nonrecommended macro ports

Started by jjeffay ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

using nonrecommended macro ports

3 posts
  1. Hi all,

    Anyone have experience using a slightly longer macro port than the recommended one?  I am shooting the Sigma 105mm L mount macro lens.  The Nauticam port chart says to use the Macro 80 port for this lens.  I have a Macro 94 port from an old setup.  I get that if i want to use a diopter i probably need an exact fit, but if i am not going to use a diopter do you think the 94 port will work fine for me?  I don't shoot a lot of macro so i hate to layout $500 for a new port.  thanks!  

  2. I've used the Panasonic 45mm Macro in the Olympus 12-50 Port which is about 20mm too long. It's fine. You lose some working distance obviously, but otherwise I don't think it's any problem. I think you can save the 500$.

  3. I shoot a Canon 60mm EF-S macro with Metabones adapter in a port built for Sony 90mm, no issues to speak of. Obviously I don't use diopters with it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.