Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Fiber Optic Cable (MPK-URX100A - Weefine Ring Light 3000)

Started by frekus ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Fiber Optic Cable (MPK-URX100A - Weefine Ring Light 3000)

2 posts
  1. Hi all

     

    I currently have the MPK-URX100A Sony RX100 case and I am looking to get the Weefine Ring Light 3000.

    It supports strobe mode for which I'm going to need a fiber optic cable, but which one is compatible with this setup?

    I've tried to find some specifications but wasn't able to find much.

     

    Looking at the Sony case, it states: "A fiber-optic cable for hole diameter 7mm can be attached to the cable-attachment part on the External flash adaptor." (https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/support/acc/housing/mpk-urx100a/en.html)

     

    For the Ring Light I wasn't able to find any specifics.

    divervision.com lists the "Howshot Fiber Optic Cable 613L for Dual YS Connector" under accessories, but I have no idea how I can check if this will work for either end.

    The Ring Light connector I saw in a TG-6 setup video looks like this: https://www.mikesdivecameras.com/products/weefine-standard-fibre-optic-cable

     

    So do I just need a "Sea & Sea connector" which will work on both ends or what do I need to look out for?

     

    Thanks in advance!

     

  2. The S&S connector is really the only one around and 7mm diamter sounds like the right size.  The Weefine light is listed as having a sea and sea connector.    The Sony shows no connector on its housing and they mention an adapter so you just buy a S&S adapter which normally is a stick on item.  something like this:

    https://www.housingcamera.com/id2108-ikelite-4402.html

    The Howshot cable you listed will be fine. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.