Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Heated vests - help please

Started by alcina ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Heated vests - help please

10 posts
  1. Sadly, my new pup has loved on my heated vest a bit too enthusiastically as I was packing, so I am on the hunt for a new one (vest, not pup ;);) ).  I saw a notice that Thermalution is no longer, so doesn't seem like I can simply replace mine.  Google has shown me a Venture Pro V3 option, but I don't know anything about them.  Does anyone have any insight or options for buying.  In Australia, but happy to have it shipped from USA or wherever coz our water is COLD atm.

  2. Hey alcina

    A good friend of mine runs a dive operation in the Caribbean and spends about 6 hours a day in the water. He came to the point after many years of this that he was desperate for a heated vest.

    He bought one from Venture Heat. I know he's very pleased with it. He had one issue but the manufacturer was very responsive and the problem was solved quickly with a replacement part.

    The vest is temperature adjustable (three settings I think) using a wrist watch switch. He wore it under a 5mm shortie. Sounds odd but there were good reasons.

    I was so tempted to try one out but knew, once bitten, I'd never be able to go back to just a wetsuit.....

    http://www.ventureheat.com/

    Hope this helps

    Edited by TimG
  3. I wear one of the V1 original Venture Heat vests under my drysuit on every single dive I do in California (water temp 50s at the bottom and 60s at the surface). I've had it for probably three years and hundreds of dives. I do a lot of technical, decompression diving and wouldn't do the dives I do without it.

    I'm not sure if you are diving dry or wet. I've never worn it under a wetsuit but I know people who have. 

    - brett

  4. I have two Thermolution vests in the family still going strong. They are great and we really rely on them especially for Winter diving in the 44-48f range. Lots of my friends have the Venture vests which seem to work great for them.

  5. Thanks so much.  I have been diving in my Thermalutions for a decade, but I guess they aren't trading anymore?

    And I'm having zero luck finding a Venture in stock anywhere here in oz or in the USA - they are all telling me September or October!  That's too late as our water will be warming up and I need it NOW :D   Always the way.

    Appreciate the feedback and still crossing fingers for some warmth!

  6. Venture seems too have supply issues. You could not but one for much of least year. I'm the US they got new stock earlier this year and we're available again. Not surprised tho hear they might be heated tho find again. 

     

    Check Japanese dive suppliers. I think they sell the same vest under the Fix brand there.

  7. Mike's Dive Store in London showed one in stock...

  8. Super, I'll check both out. I have friend traveling to the UK next week so maybe they could even grab one for me.  Appreciate the help :)

     

  9. Second thumbs up for the Venture. They apparently have some sizes in stock and apparently so does Dive Right In.

    Love them

    Bill

  10. Bill -  thanks, I hadn't found Dive Right In so will head to their site now as I'm getting a big zilcho everywhere! :(  Brrrrrrr...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.