The Sony a6700 is the latest enthusiast-level APS-C mirrorless camera from Sony. It uses a 26MP BSI CMOS sensor with image stabilization, with a comprehensive set of stills and video features.
Key specifications
26MP BSI CMOS APS-C sensor
Bionz XR processor and dedicated 'AI Processing Engine'
AF tracking with subject recognition, 759 AF points with 93% coverage
As an a6500 user whos been waiting for a new version for like four years.... this is it? Thats all Sony could give us? My only glimmer of hope is that on other forums SONY has told reviewers not to refer to this as their flagship APSC.
Agreed with @Sharkhottub. I shoot an a6100, and this doesn't give me an upgrade itch. Seems very video focused, without much upgrades from the a6600 for photo shooters.
I don't get you. What is missing from a compact APSC rangefinder camera?
While I'm not a Sony fan (the contrary, actually) this seems to me a perfect camera for underwater video use. One of my buddies has a 6300 and paired with a WWL or WACP-C It is the most compact kit I have ever seen. We are at the level of an LX10 or LX100. One of the few times Sony has not crippled a camera.
22 minutes ago, Lewis88 said:
Seems very video focused, without much upgrades from the a6600 for photo shooters.
Yes, I posted it in the video gear forum
It has the latest Sony chipset and FW with the latest AF implementation.
Same FX30 sensor
A proper REC709 flat color profile.
4K@60p 10 bit 4:2:2 with no overheating
Only downside for now: a mini hdmi port.
Waiting to hear what the autofocus performance is like. If it's a significant bump, then I might move on from my a6300 at some point.
33 minutes ago, Barmaglot said:
Waiting to hear what the autofocus performance is like. If it's a significant bump, then I might move on from my a6300 at some point.
There's a hint at 2:58 on the Gerald Undone review.
Let's see how much does it takes to Nauticam to present a new housing...
Supposedly about the size of the A7C, I'd expect a housing fairly quick if the A7C housing blank could be leveraged.
12 hours ago, Davide DB said:
Let's see how much does it takes to Nauticam to present a new housing...
Nauticam is somewhat out of my price range, but the SeaFrogs housing for FX30 looks pretty good, so if they build the A6700 housing along the same lines, I'll be happy with that.
max flash sync speed seems to be at 1/160s
Could be a real limitation for some pictures...
33 minutes ago, FrancoisC said:
max flash sync speed seems to be at 1/160s
Could be a real limitation for some pictures...
Same as all the previous A6xxx cameras; it's a bit limiting, but not that bad, really. Shooting into the sun is still possible, just takes a small aperture and high strobe power; example (10mm, f/22, 1/160, ISO 100):
Always speaking about video... (we are in the video forum section)
The most interesting thing of this camera is the latest Sony A.I. autofocus implementation as already seen in A7R5 and latest ZV E1 compact camera. Too early to see it underwater but we some hint on AF capabilities
The first part:
Last but not the least, the camera with the new Sony FE 70-200 mm macro G OSS II lens:
Interesting for APSC users. I wonder how it does with continuous shooting and if it has limits at 30 minutes or due to overheating
It overheats as usual.
4K@30p and 4K@60p with display door opened, it runs until battery dies.
4K @120p 10 minutes
4k@30p display door closed 40'
4k@60p display door closed 20'
Battery has been historically really poor on the a6xxx wonder how this one does
I can say the battery of the a1 is not bad at all and so far I have had overheat only on kong continuous clips
Edit it has the same battery of the A1 so it should be very good