Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

What is your dream shot?

Started by RocketFish17 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

What is your dream shot?

8 posts
  1. What is your Moby Dick of the underwater photography world? Or a vision that you have that drives/influences the shots you tend to take? 
     

    After watching the Avatar: Way of Water movie, I’ve wanted to capture that feeling of complete immersion into a world brimming with life, brightly lit and colorful with a sunball and various sea life through the foreground, mid ground, and background. 
     

    As such, I gravitate heavily towards wanting to buy good wide angle or fisheye lenses and their subsequent ports, whatever will help the viewer feel like they’re “there”.

  2. Love wide angle!  Really like some of the amazing over/under at sunrise/sunset images with sharks/turtles etc CFWA right up against the lens.  This shot is still a favorite.  Taken with old Nikon D5000 12 megapixel camera.

    GreatWhitef.jpg

    Edited by NWDiver
  3. Wow! That is quite a shot!

  4. 18 hours ago, NWDiver said:

    Love wide angle!  Really like some of the amazing over/under at sunrise/sunset images with sharks/turtles etc CFWA right up against the lens.  This shot is still a favorite.  Taken with old Nikon D5000 12 megapixel camera.

    GreatWhitef.jpg

    Since I've been booked  to go to Guadalupe for the last  2 years and its unlikely to be open anytime soon - this is my dream image!

    Great  shot

    Mike

    Edited by pooley
  5. 2 hours ago, pooley said:

    Since I've been booked  to go to Guadalupe for the last  2 years and its unlikely to be open anytime soon - thesis my dream image!

    Great  shot

    Mike

    If you want Great White sharks you might want to go to South Australia for the Rodney Fox boat - I've not done it but know quite a few who have and they rave about it.  Water is a little on the cold side though.

  6. That is quite the incredible shot! A little scary to be on the other end of the lens haha, but wow that must have been a thrill. 

  7. On 7/18/2023 at 1:02 PM, NWDiver said:

    Love wide angle!  Really like some of the amazing over/under at sunrise/sunset images with sharks/turtles etc CFWA right up against the lens.  This shot is still a favorite.  Taken with old Nikon D5000 12 megapixel camera.

    GreatWhitef.jpg

    How you did this? I would have poop myself!!

  8. Actually...On a previous trip one of the sharks got in the cage and severed some of the hookah airlines.  As a safety measure on our trip they brought long poles to try to keep the sharks from biting the cage.  I was pissed, lol, I wanted that shot of them grabbing the cage bars....

    I think this is the link to the incident

     

    Edited by NWDiver

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.