Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Ideas for underwater skull video shoot

Started by DJash_e ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Ideas for underwater skull video shoot

4 posts
  1. Hey guys, I really just want to pick some of your brains for creative ideas.

     

    I have been asked to create some content for a home decor company that create beautifully intricate carvings on animal skulls such as rams, cows and buffalo. 

    In my head, as they are a home decor company, I want to try and create something that would seem relatively normal above water, but when realising it's underwater it instantly sparks interest. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of having a model hanging some of the skulls on a shipwreck whilst being fully clothed. Basically the underwater equivalent of hanging the skull on your wall at home. 

    The wreck I intend to shoot has some pretty shallow parts which we can use so the shoot should be fairly easy to do.  

    I would be grateful for any inspo or technical advice that people might have. I was also thinking about putting a small light inside the skull so the light shines through the carvings. 

    The plan is to make a video but while I am there I would also like to take some photos, so photo ideas are also welcome!!! BUFFALOSKULL-Mandala_2.jpg?v=1635869314

  2. Not  my area of knowledge, but if you're around Gili T, maybe you  could  get  in touch with Ajax Dharma over  in Tulamben who is really into his creative  lighting  and might  be  able to suggest  something suitable.  Look  him up on  instagram

    Ona  separate note,  if you are  based on Gili T, let me know  as  I'm back over  there next May. I  didn't dive there this year but want  to  do a full  day dedicated to  the turtles next  year

    cheers

    Mike

  3. Thanks for the advice Mike, I'll look him up. It's actually Amed and Tulamben where I am planning the shoot. I was going to shoot the very shallow part of the liberty wreck and also try out some shots at the Japanese wreck there as it's very shallow too. 

     

    I am based between Bali and Gili T so give me a shout for sure when you're there. I'm always up for taking the camera out with the turtles and I know all the good spots to find them!

  4. I'll look you up, and if you're on Gili T we'll go and play out!

    Pity you didn't post this a few weeks ago when I was there as someone was doing a shoot with 2 models on the Liberty, might have had some useful information, never mind!

    Hopefully see you next May 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.