Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

where to buy gear in Canada?

Started by Frase ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

where to buy gear in Canada?

3 posts
  1. Hi all,

    New member, looking to pick up some strobes etc and was wondering where folks based in Canada shopped? Seems like the best option is to suck up the shipping and buy in the US? 

    Apologies if this has been asked a dozen times but I had a quick search and didn't find anything.

    Thanks

    Fraser.

  2. Mosaik in Vancouver specializes in underwater photography and have a pretty complete selection of gear. I believe they partner with a company on the US west coast. I have had good experience with them the few time I purchased there.

    https://www.housingcamera.com/

  3. I am located in Canada and have bought items predominantly from Backscatter.(U.S.)They usually ship U.P.S.Unfortunately this results in a "brokerage fee",and duty charge.If you insist that they use U.S.P.S (postal service)you usually will avoid these charges.The other option is to use Mozaik.They have offices in both Canada and the U.S .and you never get charged any fees apart from PST,and GST.Backscatter are good because they really know the products well.Mozaik are good because you never get charged brokerage or duty.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.