Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Why is SMC much more expensive than

Started by hedonist222 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Why is SMC much more expensive than

2 posts
  1. Competing brands like INON, Weefine, and subsee, Aquatica? 

    Im OK with paying when it's worth it. 

    I have a canon 5dmk ii and Canon 100mm L lens. 

    I need a diopter because I'm routinely reaching or going beyond the minimum focusing distance. 

    Is the AMC-1 worth it's price compared to others? 

     

    Thank you. 

  2. Hi Hedonist,

     

    I have both CMC-1 (for Oly EM1II and Zuiko 60mm and Pana 45mm macro lenses) and SMC-1 (for Sony A7R5 and Sony 90mm macro lens):

     

    CMC-1 weights 260g and costs 415 Euro (= 1,6 Euro/g)

    SMC-1 weights 460g and costs 556 Euro (= 1,2 Euro/g)

    => actually you get the glass cheaper with SMC-1, compared to CMC-1...

     

    CMC-1 is for cropped sensor (compact, MFT, APS-C) and SMC-1 is for FF sensor. According to Nauticam port charts (https://www.nauticam.com/pages/n120-canon-ef-mount-port-chart) you need SMC-1 for the Canon 100mm IS lens...

     

    I cannot say anything about the other brands, but I prefer to have the very best (I hope Nauticam delivers this) instead of buying twice (or even more often)...

     

     

    Wolfgang

    Edited by Architeuthis

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.