Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which strobe to use?

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Which strobe to use?

4 posts
  1. I just got two Sea&Sea strobes, a YS-02 and a YS-03. As I have not dived with them, I am wondering:
    Which of the two is better to use underwater for (close up) macro shots with a housed Olympus TG-6 camera?
    I feel I do not need to use both, just one, is that correct?

    Thank you for your expert opinion. 

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  2. I would use both. 

    The YS-02 lacks TTL, but can slave off the YS-03 which has TTL. 

  3. You can also use the YS-02 in manual with the TG-6 which has a manual flash triggering option.  It depends on whether you want to use manual or TTL flash. 

  4. I’ve never had much luck with TTL so I would choose the ys-02. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.