Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Recommendations for Sony E mount to Nikon lens adapter

Started by oneyellowtang ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Recommendations for Sony E mount to Nikon lens adapter

6 posts
  1. Looking for a recommendation for an adapter to use on the Sony A7RV to mount the Nikon 60mm F lens. Specifically one that supports AF.

    [Looking at possibly using for BW]

    Any recommendations?

  2. I use a Monster one - bought from B&H. I couldn't find one in the UK when I looked back in March. I've not looked for one since, and haven't tried any of the alternative ones.

    The adaptor works very well - with a couple of small bugs. The main one is that looses focus if you turn the camera off or the camera goes to sleep (which you can disable). I use it with back button, which removes any shutter lag. AF is super fast, subject recognition works well. I use the same adaptor with Nikon 8-15mm, 16-35mm, 60mm and 105mm.

    I have used both the 90mm port and Nauticam's curved 4" port with this lens - which increases its angle of view and removes the corner CA that the Nikon 60mm is prone too with a flat port. This is shot with 60mm and 4" port.

    RS23_am-10427.jpg

  3. Alex, are you referring to the 4.33 inch acrylic dome (18803)?

    Gary

  4. From another forum:

    Quote

     Megadap have just released the v3 Pro version of their E to Z adapter which promises even better compatibility with the Tamron lenses and improvements in AF generally, plus the ability to update its firmware directly from the camera.

    https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/75659-tamron-announce-z-mount-version-of-the-35-150mm-f2-28/?do=findComment&comment=578448

    They just released a new version of this adapter

    https://megadap.net/product/megadap-sony-e-to-nikon-z-autofocus-adapter-etz21pro/

     

    MicrosoftTeams-image-5.jpg

    Edited by Davide DB
  5. This is actually the contrary froma Z body to a Sony E lens.

    Sorry

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.