Hey everyone,
On my current SeaFrogs setup I'm constantly fighting the small LCD port, and the EVF is very uncomfortable to use. I've thought about how I could use the Sony Imaging Edge app on my phone to at least have an external monitor, but of course wifi underwater is practically unusable even at a very close distance of a phone-as-monitor mounted on a cold shoe. So I got very curious when I saw this DIVEVOLK sealink Contact Type Underwater WiFi Signal Transmitter yesterday while I was on Bluewater Photo, and it looks like an interesting addition for those who have a DIVEVOLK housing for their phones.
From another topic 2 years ago, @Driftc posted about something similar with a bulkhead connector, but I am really interested in this as it doesn't require another port to be available on the housing or the phone housing.
On 4/25/2021 at 12:36 PM, Driftc said:I’ve thought about this as well. In the case of using the phone as a monitor (such as monitor+ on the iPhone for Sony cameras) another way besides a hdmi wired connection is to get a wireless signal via a coaxial cable. In some cases I’ve been able to get the wireless signal from the camera through the housing in short distances, but I’m certain it won’t work through water. This could be solved by a pretty simple bulkhead connector.
If anyone tried this out yet, I'd love to hear your honest feedback. I might just get it and test it out on my next trip to BHB, since it's shallow and a known spot and I can focus on making it work. If it works, it could save me $$$ from switching my housing over to Ikelite, which I've been considering for a while to get the completely clear back panel. Thanks everyone!