Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon macro 100mm IS USM L vs Canon 100mm USM

Started by Diving Manu ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon macro 100mm IS USM L vs Canon 100mm USM

3 posts
  1. Hi everyone,

    Just wondering if someone has been able to shoot with both the Canon macro 100mm IS USM L and Canon 100mm USM when using wet lenses and if you found achieving autofocus was easier with one or the other?

    I am currently using the Canon 100mm USM on a Canon 1dxmkII with a 12.5 Fantasea wet lens and I find myself having to work constantly in manual focus. AF is good without the wet lens, just not good with the wet lens.

    I'm wondering if upgrading too the L series would make a difference or not at all.

    Thank you for your advice on that one :)

  2. I have 100mm USM old series as well, will follow this up as I am also interested, never shot uw yet but I am planning to do so very soon :)

  3. On 8/4/2023 at 12:20 PM, Aikoon said:

    I have 100mm USM old series as well, will follow this up as I am also interested, never shot uw yet but I am planning to do so very soon :)

    I don't have any issues with the lens on its own, just the AF when using the wet lens too. But that could be due to how I use it or maybe the quality of the wet lens, I'm not entirely sure :unsure:

     

    I will get the SMC - 1 from Nauticam and see if AF works better :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.