Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

AX700/Gates UW and topside setup 4sale

Started by wydeangle ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

AX700/Gates UW and topside setup 4sale

3 posts
  1. Here's a pretty complete set of well-used Sony  AX700/Gates underwater gear. Besides the housing and camera there are a Gates vacuum system (needs batteries), a Dive and See 5" monitor with the through housing port and internal HDMI cable, A SAGA swing away macro lns holder (no lenses included) and a pair of Big Blue 4200P lights. The setup comes with both ports - flat and dome, and each has a scrape that you can see if you look at the lens, but doesn't seem to harm the image. There are planty of Sony batteries and chargers.

    The setup has been well used. It has also been rebuilt by Gates twice in its lifetime, the most recent time being a year or a bit more ago. It is scruffy; that means character of course ;-) , but it works 100%

    Nearly every 4K frame taken with this rig is a hi definition photograph. I'm reluctant to offer it up but since it weighs more than 25 lbs, I must. I have enough birthdays now that shore diving with it is beyond my strength and balance. I've switched to a Canon with one light that weighs 7 lbs; it fits my capabilities.

    I also have a matching topside setup in the next message in this thread. If you'd like them both together (recommended) you won't regret it.

    No idea what all this cost or is worth. Well, maybe roughly: the two together cost well over 10K USD. I'd be happy with about 4K.

    Tom

    UW1.jpg

    UW2.jpg

    UW3.jpg

    UW4.jpg

    Edited by wydeangle
  2. Here's the topside portion of my AX700 gear:

    In addition to plenty more batteries and chargers, there's a Raynox 2.2 telephoto, some Hoya diopters and a remote control.

    Top3.thumb.jpg.5e297db669a7ec068bf4e85d7e8e0e53.jpgTop2.thumb.jpg.b5aa1885e179af9e13e06f403ac12195.jpgTop1.thumb.jpg.26109faa45b4a7dacd5f69072917a234.jpg

    Edited by wydeangle
  3. Here's a sample of the UW video taken with this exact rig:

     

    Edited by wydeangle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.