Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

How to set up Two Monitors for Photoshop

Started by wmiller ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

How to set up Two Monitors for Photoshop

4 posts
  1. How to set up Two Monitors for Photoshop

    Hi,

    I would like to know how I can use my older Dell 17" monitor with my 19" while working in Photoshop. I have seen pictures of digital darkrooms where there are two monitors but I am absolutley clueless as to how in the world to set it up and plug the second one in. I would appreciate any help.

     

    Thanks,

    Wendy

  2. you need a video card that has two outs .. or a second video card and then the easiest thing is to get some software to help control them.

     

    I recently tried making my computer go to my TV but the resolutions are too different that the tv only gets the middle of the screen.

     

    but yeah you'll prolly need a second video card.

  3. Wendy, if you already have an adapter card, check to see if it has a second connector on it i.e. a typical configuration for high end adapter cards is an analog output and a digital output.

     

    If yes and your 17" is a CRT display and your 19" is an LCD display, you should be able to connect them both to the same card.

     

    For more ideas, see the following.

     

    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/

  4. 1. Most newer graphics cards have multiple outputs. Check that first.

    2. If you try to go the two-card route, note that you will need to go purchase a PCI bus graphics card, rather than the AGP card your system probably uses now. There can only be one AGP card in any given system.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.