Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

what Strobe for my Nikon 5200?

Started by scubatt ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

what Strobe for my Nikon 5200?

4 posts
  1. what Strobe for my Nikon 5200?

    Have just upgraded my ageing mx-10 to a Nikon 5200 and I am purcahsing the nikon wp-cp2 housing for it. Can anyone recommend a strobe for the little beauty? I would also like the flexibility of doing some macro work so any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Looking at the housing specs, you'll have to choose a strobe that's compatible with a remote sensor (such as Ikelite's manual controller, used with Ikelite DS50 or DS125 ... other brands are available, but I am not familiar with them). You will also have to get a tray and arm that you can attach to the tripod screw in the base of the housing ... many manufacturers have options.

  3. Hi,

     

    The least expensive option that I can think of would be an Ikelite DS50 with the Maunal Slave Sensor/Power Controller.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Have a look at the Sea & Sea YS15 or YS 25 Auto

     

    Both are well suited to use with the 5200.

     

    Peter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.