Skip to content

Video Gear and Technique / Archived topic

3 CCD Camera Choice - Update

Started by yuchnovicz ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

3 CCD Camera Choice - Update

4 posts
  1. 3 CCD Camera Choice - Update

    Hi all,

    I reviewed the previos thread regarding the choice of 3 ccd cameras. I have some additional questions as that thread is over a year old.

     

    Looking at Sonys (if order of preference???)

     

    TRV950 (If I can find one new) (MiniDV)

    VX2100 (mini DV)

    PDX10 (DV Cam)

     

     

    Both the 10 and 950 are 7 lux chips versus the vx2100 1 lux. All three can be manually WB'ed. That's why I ruled out the HC1000 as I'm going with a mechanical housing (Ike). Apparently the 16:9 aspect mode is best in the 10 (more horizontal pixels than 2100). Some cameras simply crop the top and bottom off to get the 16:9 AR. The 10 and 2100 are about the same prce and the 950s can be found for less.

     

    thx

    Dan

  2. The VX2100 is easily the best camcorder, but is bigger, heavier, more expensive, as is the housing.

     

    If you don't mind the additional $$, size and weight, the VX2100 is the easy choice.

  3. How about the FX1? It shoots 16:9 like the PDX and is HDV 1080i resolution. Has all of the functions of the VX2k series. I bought it and liked it alot but returned it to wait for the Z1.

    I would not recommend the ike for the VX2k series. Due to the clear acrylic and the big gap in the dome port, in certain lighting you can actually see the camera reflection on the dome port. Which ruins your shot. I bought it because it was the first out and I was waiting for my Amphibico housing (which took too long and I switched to Sea & Sea).

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.