Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

LED good for modeling light?

Started by wmiller ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

LED good for modeling light?

3 posts
  1. LED good for modeling light?

    Hi,

    I have an Oly 4040/pt 10 housing, ys-90dx and ULCS arms and tray. I recently bought the modeling light adapter to use from ULCS and am wonderting if the new LCD modeling lights would be best to use versus my princeton tech 40 or my princeton tec 400. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. BTW I dive inland lakes/lake Michigan, Lake Superior wrecks and Bonaire.

     

    Thanks,

    Wendy

  2. Hi,

     

    I tried using an LED light for a modelling light with my DSLR. While the DSLR has better autofocus than your 4040, I still found that the LED light wasn't bright enough. The one I used had about 20 LED's and takes 3 C cells.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I used a 50 LED's with 5 AA calls light with my Canon S50 that doesn't known for her AF system and its work great.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.