To start off 2005, Amos Nachoum, professional wildlife photographer, trip leader and NCUPS member will be the featured speaker at the January membership meeting. Amos will present images and stories from his spectacular world travels to every corner of the earth. From whales and sharks to penguins and schooling fish, he will show images from Africa to Antarctica. Many of these images have been published and have won numerous awards. Please take advantage of this opportunity and join us at 8PM on Friday, January 14 at Room C370, Fort Masson, San Francisco for this spectacular presentation.
I won't be there since its a little far from where I live but who ever can its highly recommended, I was in a lecture of Amos Nahum last year and its was fascinated.
Amos was in the UK last autumn and I saw his talk three times (at the Visions conference, UK diveshow and BSoUP). His big animal photography is fantastic - and I think that one of his strengths is his ability to create different and new images of his subjects. Despite the fact the subjects themsleves are so fantastic in the first place. He really is a top photographer - not just a diver with a camera who gets in front of great subjects.
If you can, do go! And ask him about what happened when his cameras got stolen!