Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Need help with seashell identification

Started by splashandsun ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Need help with seashell identification

3 posts
  1. Need help with seashell identification

    The shell was approx. 12-15cm long, found on a rocky ledge in 20m depth, off Malta in the Mediterranean Sea. From one end I saw what I think could be the snail. The „spikes“ were not soft but could be moved slightly when touched. I've searched on the internet but to be honest I don't have a clue what family etc. it belongs to so my search hasn't been successful.

    Thanks for helping me out!

    pat

  2. In the second photo, it looks like some sort of Triton. We have one in BC that has the same hairy bits. That's about all that I can guess.

    Cheers,

    Marli

  3. Thanks Marli, I continued my search with your hint and it's probably a Cymatium aquatile.

    pat

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.