Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

s2 Raw - HyperUtility where is it

Started by robmcmahon ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

s2 Raw - HyperUtility where is it

3 posts
  1. s2 Raw - HyperUtility where is it

    I have just started experimenting in shooting in RAW with my S2 and have read Eric's article and numerous threads.

     

    One thing that becomes clear very quickly is that you need to have a stable of convertors at your beck and call. From Erics article I got the impression that quite often the best results are found using the manufacturers convertor.

     

    I cannot find Fuji's HyperUtility (which includes the RAW convertor)anywhere ! I know that it is now given away free with the S20 and even S2's (it certainly wasn't with mine) I can download the update from the fuji site but it asks for the original cd to be loaded first. I have checked the fujimall and its not available for purchase there.

     

    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on the software ?

  2. Hi Rob,

     

    I'm confused, why didn't you get the Hyperutility software with your camera? It should be on the same CD as the Finepixviewer. Ah, you are in the UK so it didn't come with your camera...:-(

     

    I'm not sure where you can purchase it online, as all US customers got it free. Let me know by PM if you can't find it after polling the wetpixel members.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Same in Singapore. I had to buy the hyperutility disk as an extra. Didn't realize this at the time I bought the camera, so I had to ask CathayPhoto to send me the CD.

     

    There is (or at least was) an upgrade available for the converter program on the Fuji website, but this can only be used if the converter program is already installed. The upgrade is important,.

     

    Personally, I think that Fuji's converter (after the upgrade) may produce nicer images than the raw converter on Photoshop CS, but it's much more difficult and timeconsuming to use, so I usually don't bother.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.