Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Print Enlargements from Digital - How Big?

Started by larrym ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Print Enlargements from Digital - How Big?

3 posts
  1. Print Enlargements from Digital - How Big?

    I am doing my homework for a digital camera. However the one thing I like to do with a good photo is make a nice 11X14, or larger, print out of it. With film, as long as I get the focus and lighting acceptable they come out fine. But what can I expect from digital prints? Tell me about your experience making 11X14 or larger prints from a camera such as the D70 or similar. Clarity, sharpness, etc. come out fine? Thanks!!!

  2. My biggest print from my Digital Rebel is a 24x16 inch print from Pictopia. It is beautifull - even when you stick your nose in it. Canon Advertises prints up to 30x20. After seeing how well my 24" print came out, I do not doubt Canon's claim that it would look good at 30" too.

     

    A huge jump from my 3MP sony that struggles to print out a solid 8x10.

  3. How big can you go

    I have taken the images from the D70 to A2 with no problem - Have gone to 20 x 30 ins and there was still no problem.

     

    The Nikon D70 is awesome.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.