Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Photo shops in Houston?

Started by folivier ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Photo shops in Houston?

4 posts
  1. Photo shops in Houston?

    I'll be in Houston all next week and wondering if any photo shops carry any housings? I have a Canon 20D and would like to touch and feel different brands if there are any shops that might have any housings. I also need to look at camera bags. I see Pelican and Lowepro each has a bag that fits inside the Pelican 1520 case.

    Right now Ikelite is my first choice mainly because of the ettl. But I'd like to look at Aquatica, Subal and other housings (even though the 20D housings are not being shipped just yet I can still get a feel of their housings, quality control, ease of use, etc). I'd love to get a look through one of the new magnifier viewfinder's since my eyes aren't quite what they once were.

    Thanks,

    Forest

  2. Hi Forest,

     

    I should have all three of the housings you mention at Seaspace, but I realize that is 6 months away...

     

    Ryan

  3. I'll put Seaspace on my calendar and contact you before.

    Thanks

    Forest

  4. Hi Forest,

     

    Sorry, none of the dive or camera shops here in Houston carry underwater photo gear. For bags, I recommend you try Houston Camera Exchange on Richmond near Fountainview.

     

    Drop me a line when you're over here. I have a 20D also but haven't gotten a housing yet.

     

    Cheers

    James

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.