Is there a way to force the 5060 to fire its internal flash in the Super Macro mode. I'm primarily interested in using the internal to trigger an external strobe. If the internal doesn't fire I can't fire the external strobe. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes you can put the flash on slave mode(mode menu->camera->flash->slave) and configure a number between 1 to 10 then when shooting in super macto you will have a pre flash fired.
don't forget to put the flash in force flash after you do that.
Good tip. Thanks Ilan.
How many dives/pictures does the 5060 battery last for under normal UW shooting? I'm recharging every 2 dives - 250 pix - but that seems a bit cautious to me. Any advice?
Alex
Actually I have a 5050 and I replace batteries (I use rechargable batteries) after 2 dives the 5060 has a differernt type of battery so I guess its not a bad idea to recharge every 2 dives.
Thanks. So it fires a pre flash and then does it fire the real flash (for lack of a better term) to trigger the external strobe?
yes the real flash is fires so a slave sensor can activate the external flash.
I never actually tried it but I think that the internal flash should be covered in order no to fry the photo.
Thanks. When I use the strobe I will cover up the internal flash and use an optical sync cord. Thanks for the help.
I've never had to charge my 5060 during a day of diving (up to four dives). That includes sometimes using the internal flash (not only as a slave trigger) but very little viewing between the dives.
I don't know what the limit is because I never ran out of batteries.