Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Wetpixel's cookies do not remember me.

Started by Don in Colorado ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Wetpixel's cookies do not remember me.

8 posts
  1. Wetpixel's cookies do not remember me.

    I have to log-in manually every time I visit. Hinders the ease of using this site. Do others have this problem, or is it just me?

     

    XP Home. SP 1

    Google's popup blocker.

    Norton Anti virus.

  2. No, you are not alone. What really sucks (can I use the work suck?) is when I write a long reply and go to post, only to no longer be logged in. Poof, the post is gone forever.

  3. I have had the disappearing post problem on other forums as well, so now I always copy my reply before hitting the post button, just in case.

     

    This post wasn't meant as a complaint. This is a great site. I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

  4. I've had problems, but through a quirk I found that logging in through the left side panel on the front page _does_ remember me, at least for a couple of weeks. Logging in through the main panel doesn't. Eric has worked on this, but people are still having problems.

     

    What browsers/platforms are you on? Are cookies enabled? You might try tossing your cookies :-). Look for the WetPixel ones and then relog on.

     

    Jack

  5. Thanks for the tip Jack.

     

    I generally use IE. I'll try Firefox.

     

    Don

  6. For me, it stays logged in for 4-6 days at a time, and then dumps me.

     

    But my name and password are pre-filled in the front login screen, and I just re-click "remember me", and carry on.

     

    I too am using firefox.

     

    Don

  7. Firefox remembered me after several hours. IE did not. I think I'll use Firefox on this site :( That was an easy fix.

     

    Thanks,

    Don

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.