Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Really soft corners with Canon full frame DSLR

Started by MikeO ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Really soft corners with Canon full frame DSLR

8 posts
  1. Really soft corners with Canon full frame DSLR

    http://lensbabies.server101.com/phorum/rea...1&i=1383&t=1383

     

    From listening to the full frame lens discussions around here, one might think y'all were getting stuff like this with your Canon wide angle glass all the time :twisted: .

     

    Mike

     

    PS My lensbaby is on the way and I can't wait to try it! :( .

  2. I've been considering getting a lensbaby for a while, I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

  3. Well, it arrived today already. Cool little gadget. I'm sure I'll have some fun with it. Here's the inaugural shot. My dog Sam is playing the role of guinea pig . . .

     

    Sam135.jpg

     

    Mike

  4. Nice doggie!

     

    Ike, when will you make a port-baby for this lens-baby?

  5. Ah! I have one, I love it and am itching to take it underwater! I figure with the f8 aperture ring it would be cool and workable. You would need a short port of course, and I have an idea of how you could move the sweet spot as well. I saw this guy who makes these pvc slant-cut rings, which you can thread over the lensbaby and rotate to move the sweet spot. Now if you could add zoom clamp to this, then you would have a really fun toy... And it would be refreshingly low tech! This just might have to be "the next project"!

  6. Yes, it does look quite soft in the corners.

     

    Could you post some brick wall shots please?

  7. Could you post some brick wall shots please?

     

    :(

     

    Here's another try: Whilst trying to get away from her brother, Sam enters hyperspace . . .

     

    SonicSam.jpg

     

    It's hard as heck to get her head in focus when she's going at full speed!

     

    Mike

  8. OK, I bit. Just ordered a "lens baby". Looks sort of cool, for certain kinds of shots.

     

    Frogfish (Robert Delfs)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.