Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Is Optiquatics alive?

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Is Optiquatics alive?

6 posts
  1. Is Optiquatics alive?

    Hi All,

     

    I have been trying to book a trip I won at NCUPS 2004 with Optiquatics. I have tried to contact them via phone and email four times with no returned messages in two weeks. Last time I contacted them (18 months ago) they responded within a day. I sent an email just before their January 21, 2005 3-day Channel lslands trip and that was two weeks past, so they must be around. I have emailed Joe Wysocki and Kathleen (their reservation taker), both of whom have yet to get back to me. I phoned Joe as well, no response. I then emailed Roeland Papen at NCUPS but have not heard from him either (assuming he is still using the SEA2004 email address). So I emailed Paula Butler at NCUPS and haven't yet heard back from her.

     

    Does anyone know if:

     

    1. Optiquatics has folded?

     

    2. If they are not sponsoring NCUPS and a snafu has been discovered?

     

    3. And am I likely screwed out of a trip if the above is true?

     

    I get the distinct feeling they are not returning my messages because they don't intend to let me use the trip. Any of you NCUPS members have any insight or people I can contact other than those discussed above?

     

    Thanks for the assistance.

     

    Joe

  2. Hi Joe,

     

    I don't have any information for you about Optiquatics, sorry, but having met Joe Wysocki, I have the distinct impression that he would never go back on something he promised.

     

    Anyhow, Joe has a "day-job" too so that could explain why you haven't gotten a response yet.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Hi James,

     

    I hear great things about Joe and his operation, so I doubt it's a "stifle" situation. I just think it's a little strange not to hear from him or Kathleen, or anyone from NCUPS, even though they all have messages from me in their email in-boxes from the last two weeks. Must all me in Fiji 8)

     

    Joe

     

    Looking forward to your second article on the new system.

  4. Hi Joe,

     

    I'm sorry you haven't heard anything from Joe or from NCUPS. Roeland has decided to step down as the Competition director. I have volunteered to replace him (sometimes I have blackouts :).

     

    I will contact Paula to see if she has heard anything from Optiquatics and either she or I will get back to you. I have not heard anything about them folding and I'm hoping that they have not as I have gone on their trips and really enjoyed them.

     

    Talk to you soon,

    Kathy

  5. Thanks for the assistance. Right now, I just hope Joe and his troops are okay and REALLY diving in FIJI. You can email me privately if you wish at joediver@earthlink.net.

     

    Happy diving!

     

    Joe

  6. Optiquatics is alive and well, I've traded several emails with Joe in the past week.

     

    Joe does use AOL for his mail account, which has notoriously aggressive spam filtering. You might leave a message on his voicemail...

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.