Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

New Sea&Sea DSLR houses for Canon / Nikon

Started by TJO ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

New Sea&Sea DSLR houses for Canon / Nikon

20 posts
  1. I just had a look at the new Sea&Sea house for the Canon DSLR. The D100 will use the same house. The price is ok at 198,000 yen (1750 USD) but it is quite bulky. Weights 3.4 kg and it will probably have positive buoyancy. The same shop had a very small custom-made house by a Japanese (unknown) manufacturer that was really small and would fit the Canon like a glove. The price was 2500 USD though.

  2. Pictures, we want pictures!!!! :)

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  3. Ok James. Give me a few days.

  4. When will the housing be available?

  5. It does not give any specific date, just says "Fall 2002".

  6. Oh, I was always reading the english sea and sea website. The japanese site sure has more information. Thanks!

  7. TJO: any photos of the actual housing yet? I'm losing it here! :)

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  8. James, see the links in my post. There are photos of the units.

  9. Was the housing polycarbonate?

     

    If so, it was probably the one made by Zillion.

  10. Matt,

     

    I looked at the links you posted, I promise!

     

    What I am interested is some closeups showing the ACTUAL housings. Those are just Sea and Sea posting photos of the same housing mock-up with different ports saying "This one is for the D60 and that one is for the D100."

     

    I'm keenly interested in the finer details and would love to talk to someone who has actually held one.

     

    Cheers

    James

  11. James,

     

    I am expecting the Sea and Sea DX30/60 housing by the end of this week. I'll post some photos as soon as I get the housing.

  12. There's a review in the September 2002 issue of Marine Photo. Unfortunately, it's all in Japanese...

     

    Looks pretty good, typical Sea and Sea.

     

    Last time I spoke to the president of S&S, he wasn't too interested in digital, but looks like he changed his mind...

  13. here it is folks. The new Sea and Sea DX30/60 housing is finally available. Fisrt impression. Really nice housing.

     

    image

     

     

     

    image

  14. here's some more photos of the housing.

     

     

    image

  15. Wow, thanks for posting this Allen!

     

    From your signature it looks like you need to get the D100 housing...:)

     

    Cheers

    James

  16. James,

     

    It's coming. The D100 housing should be available by the end of this month.

     

    Eagerly waiting:)

  17. Thanks Allan,

     

    Is there a way to use a slave flash with the housing? IOW, can you leave the flash popped up and detect it through the housing? Is there a fiber link port?

  18. Mike,

     

    No, you can't pop the flash up inside the housing. There's no fiber optic cable port. Strobe connections is via five pin sync port.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.