Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

ikelite sensor for canon s70

Started by forest1 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

ikelite sensor for canon s70

3 posts
  1. ikelite sensor for canon s70

    I'm new to uw photography. I want to buy a camera with the housing and the strobe. I decided to go for canon S70, because I want compact size canera and I already own a dsrl so I want to be able to use cf cards. I thought about canon wp-dc40 housing with ikelite ds-50 strobe:

    http://www.adorama.com/IK397344.html

    this set includes remote ttl sensor, but ikelite site says:

     

    'There are almost no limitations when using theses sensors with film cameras, but the underwater strobes can not provide TTL with some of the smallest digital cameras like Canon "A" and "S" series. The Manual Controller is recommended with these cameras.'

     

    which confuses me alot.

    is this sensor ok for this setup or do I need manual controler?

     

    anyone have experience with similar setup?

    any recommendations?

     

    tia,

    forest

  2. I used both with the S50. The TTL Sensor works but not perfect . Especially in difficult situations. When shooting RAW you can correct the exposure easyly so it was ok for me.

     

    But I would still recommend the Manual Sensor. The Learning curve is a little bit steeper with it but you have much better control of your photographical work.

     

    In both cases: Don't forget to tape of the Internat Strobe with exposed slides to reduce backscatter.

     

    Simon

  3. Hi forest,

     

    The other option you might consider is the Inon D2000. There is another thread on wetpixel here but make sure you read down to Mark R's post where the correct setup is described.

     

    You may find this system works well too. I suggest that the Inon may be a better option due to faster recycle times and wider beam angle?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.