Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What monitor to buy

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

What monitor to buy

7 posts
  1. What monitor to buy

    I am getting ready to blow my wad on a new monitor for solid editing use. I'll be looking at the biggest I can get and the best quality I can get for say, $500-$700 bucks. Any suggestions?

     

    Thanks for helping me spend my money.

     

    Joe

  2. I was also thinking of upgrading my monitor - currently an old Compaq V700.

     

    I then started wondering whether it was worth upgrading my video card instead ?

     

    When you are calibrating your monitor with a spyder (something I have yet to try) are you making adjustments to the monitor using the monitor menus or the output of the graphics card using colour profiles ?

  3. Oh I forgot to mention the reason I was thinking of upgrading is because my prints always come back from the lab looking a lot darker than on the screen. I am doing a mental calibration but it would be nice to have a visually accurate image.

  4. I've been researching monitors as well and am leaning towards the IBM ThinkVision series (I use their 19" at work and may get the larger one for my graphic/web/3d work at home). These are CRTs not LCD if that makes a difference to you. I originally looked at LaCie's but I've seen a bit too many "good at first, then *kerplooey*" type posts about them.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.