Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Advice needed on equipment

Started by Frank Tran ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Advice needed on equipment

7 posts
  1. Hi Everyone,

     

    Newbie in digital UW photo here, glad to have found and joined this great and informative group.

     

    Need all advices and inputs/comments on below equipment that I have in mind before making committment please:

     

    *Oly C4000 with PT-10

    *Oly C404 with PT-10

    *Sony DSC-P9 with MPK-p9

     

    Would IKe 50 strobe works with the above set ups? Compare with Sea&Sea 90?

     

    Any inputs/advices provided would be greatly appreciated as well as suggested places for them. Email off list if needed :)

     

    TIA.

     

    Happy photo.

     

    Frank.

  2. Frank,

    did you try to search the forum ?

    I'm sure that you will find answers to your questions.

     

    Sabine

  3. Hi Sabine,

     

    I did search the forum under dsc-p9...just not much came up. Just wonder what are the opinions on it vs. the Oly.

     

    Thanks for the reminder :-)

     

    Frank.

  4. The Olympus has a bigger LCD and for me is easier to use. The Sony does not focus well in low light. I do like the battery time remaining indicator on the Sony, but not their proprietary battery and Memory Stick. The Oly can use generic NiMh AA batteries or even alkalines if you are stuck out on some remote island with no electricity...

     

    The Oly 4000 is the choice if you are on a budget, but the 4040 has the great 1.8 aperture.

     

    I prefer the Ikelite DS50 with wireless TTL, but I am biased... (I sell and use Ike strobes) also why fuss with the optic fiber cable when you can do it with ease with the Ikelite.

     

    Read more from previous threads including Jeff's review of the Sea and Sea unit.

  5. Matthew,

     

    Thanks for the informative post. Just what Im looking for kinda info. Looks like Oly is the way to go now, might just wait out for the 5050 as Im in no rush of needing one, hope PT-015 would be out soon too:)

     

    Thanks again.

     

    Frank.

  6. Peter,

     

    Thanks a bunch for the very imformative site.......I learned quite a bit about the Oly and Ike housing as well as others. Great site for newbie like me, just what I need.

     

    Thanks again.

     

    Frank.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.