Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Microdrives

Started by genvmunix ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Microdrives

5 posts
  1. Microdrives

    Hi guys, I've been shooting on land with my D70 for some time now and I finally decided to break down and buy an ikelite housing and strobe for an upcoming dive trip to Cozumel. Now with the exception of high altitude locales, microdrives are a tad slow, but otherwise fine for my normal use. Is there anything I need to worry about when diving? Am I not correct in thinking that the housing should keep my camera and its innards at 1atm or should I be looking to replace my media with flashcards?

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    Karl

  2. If it ain't 1 bar, it must be wet.

  3. I use a Microdrive in my Digital Rebel in an Ikelite housing, and have had no problems with it. If you're happy with the speed on land, it shouldn't be a problem.

  4. Excellent, thanks!

     

    Kar

  5. I've had a 1 GB MD down to 150 ft. No problems. My camera guy keeps tell me that they have a lot of failures but I've never had nor seen one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.