Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Help me pick a camera for a beginner

Started by Trana ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Help me pick a camera for a beginner

1 posts
  1. Help me pick a camera for a beginner

    My wife wants a 35mm camera for an upcoming dive trip. She has previously tried a Sea and Sea camera on a trip we went on about 18 months ago.

     

    I already have a Casio Exilim, for which I bought an underwater housing. I plan on using this myself, as my wife insists that she wants a 35mm so there is no shutter lag.

     

    These are the features that we need:

     

    built in or add on macro lens (I'm a macro nut, so <8" would be nice)

    Ability to attach a flash unit via a shoe or a proprietary interface

    Autofocus

    Ability to change exposure and white level in the future when we get more experience

     

    Please let me know if you have any recommendations for a good camera. An all in one package would be great as well.

     

    Looking to spend <$700USD for everything.

     

    Thanks!

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.