Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Double flash with DS-50/C5060?

Started by JHesketh ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Double flash with DS-50/C5060?

4 posts
  1. Double flash with DS-50/C5060?

    Hello

     

    I'm new to posting to this forum, but have been browsing around for some time trying to soak up the great advice and tips to be found here.

     

    I have what I suspect is a really dumb question, however I can't find an answer anywhere here, so here goes.

     

    I have an Olympus C-5060 which I was previously using with the Olympus housing. I have just upgraded to the Ikelite housing and also bought an Ikelite DS-50 connected with the TTL synch cable.

     

    With the strobe turned to TTL, it flashes twice when the shutter is released. Is this normal and/or anything to do with pre-flash(?), or is there some setting I should be turning on/off to prevent this?

     

    The settings used on the Camera were as per the following link:

     

    http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gall...up_settings.htm

     

    Thanks in advance for any responses.

     

    Joe

  2. Yep, it's doing exactlyl what it's supposed to do. The camera (and strobe) fire a preflash and "read" the light that returns to the camera. Then the camera sets the main (and more powerful) flash based on the reading.

     

    For fast shutterspeed shots you won't noitce it, but for slower ones, you may.

     

    HTH

    James

  3. Yep, it's doing exactlyl what it's supposed to do.

     

    Ah, thank goodness for that. Thanks for putting my mind at rest. :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.